Saturday, January 10, 2009

Two Birthdays in One



January 10th is a pretty special day for me. Twenty Five years ago today my first little girl, ShelleyAnne was born. (She was my first girl, but she had two older brothers.) What a joy she has been to me all these years. I love it that she is not only my daughter, but one of my very best friends. It is fun to be able to have someone you can talk to almost every day, and never run out of anything to say. So I say Happy Birthday to Shelley!




And....two years ago today, my first grandchild was born. . . my sweet Ellee Kate. How I love this little girl! I didn't know that grandparents loved their grandchildren as much as their own children, but I know that now! Elle has been so much fun for me. I do miss her terribly now that she and her mommy (Kara) and daddy (James) are living in Memphis while her daddy is going to dental school. I love you Elle! Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

kara said...

good post mom! I hope you are feeling better soon with the knee.

Shelley said...

REALLY GOOD POST! :) All about two of your favorite girls. Thanks for remembering us on our day! :) Love you mom.

Nicolette said...

I don't think I got a special post for my birthday. I guess we know who the favorites are :) jk! Thanks for posting! P.S. Kylee Clark said she'd stop by or have Lance's mom stop by and get the mail things from Shelley.

Emilee said...

That is really special. You are a great mom & grandma!